Monday, June 16, 2014

Mt. Batulao 2014

Last Thursday was Independence Day which also means that I ventured off to Mt. Batulao with my new found friends and cousin.




The past few months was all about adventures, meeting new friends who have been encouraging me to pursue my dream in hiking Mount Pulag well but first I need to prepare myself. Anyway, we’ve decided to conquer Mt Batulao and it was such an amazing experience. 




Reaching the peak was not that easy! I can’t even remember how many times I had cramps! first was in my toes then my knees. I really want to finish it so I have to endure the pain. Everyone was starting to get worried but I have to give them a smile, since I’m enjoying everything inspite of the pain.







Since it is a day hike it took us 8 hours (back and forth). It took us almost 3 hours to reach the summit.


 And here we are at the summit. We took our lunch here and had our 30 minutes break but it started to rain and I haven’t finished my lunch so I just a bunch of rice so I still have energy to continue and some of us were shaking because it was so cold! So we just started to continue our hike and yes, it was slippery!





This trip made me realize that I LOVE HIKING! I finished the hike without regret and looking forward for more! I thought we’ll just walk and walk and walk but instead I also experienced rappelling and rock climbing which I never thought I could do.

I also made a video of our day hike here.


No comments:

Post a Comment